Monday 9 July 2012

Big changes at icklebits. YOUR input required please

As you know,, I've been busy building a new site. Well its nearing the time where I need to move it in to replace this one. This would mean shutting down icklebits for the period of time that I make the move.

I have tried every which way possible to fix the error with the present site and I can't do it. This is why I'm rushing forward with the new site.

However, I need to work out how much of an impact closing it for 3-6 months will have on my members.

Some of you have galleries. Do you get visitors? Would you miss it majorly?

If desperate I can move your galleries to icklebits.com. This would obviously take me a few weeks but it can be done. Please note this would eat into the new site building time. This is why I really need to know how much your gallery means to you.

What about the tutorials? I haven't added new ones for months but how often do you use the existing database?

This won't affect the blogs. My blog for updates would move to here

The new site will have thousands of tutorials for ALL crafts. It will launch with those in the next 3-6 months. Then after that I will build up the business database, calendar of events, articles etc.

To follow next year would hopefully be an auction site, classifieds and even a website where you could meet fellow crafters.

So, another question...what would you like to see on the new site?

I do hope you can find the time to give me your input. I've always valued what my members think of the site and I'd hate to disappoint. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I aim to please! :-)

I look forward to hearing from you as usual.

Donna
 -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. :-)